While research into the attitudes, practices and power relations that drive family violence already exists, there is still a lot to be done.
Respect Victoria aims to fill this gap.
We are developing a clear research framework to help us:
- Test outcomes of family violence prevention activities
- Work with our partners to measure outcomes consistently
- Commission research into the prevention of all forms of family violence across various settings
- Develop and implement guidelines for primary prevention activities
- Provide advice to government and non-government organisations to ensure their activities are evidence-based.
The first step is establishing an alliance of key partners in the health, social services, education and other sectors to coordinate our research and primary prevention work. Together, we will identify gaps and focus areas to inform our research agenda.